Friday, April 9, 2010

Curing the Soul


Abandon existence
Imagine, fear
An end to all joy?
An end to all cheer?

Collapse into the void
Empty, dark
Float painlessly,
Into life's spark.

Connect with all being
Infinite, true
Realize eternity,
As an essence of you.

Ignore Heaven's choir
Naive, astray
Feel the cold chill of night,
The bright pain of day.

Live and learn much
courageous, bold
Each moment as a gift,
Grow wise and grow old.

Then, abandon existence
liberated, assured
To begin once again:
The soul being cured.

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful way with words, Steve. I enjoy your posts--they're so, well, uplifting is the only word I can think of but it goes deeper than that. Thanks for sharing.

    I have something for you on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Propinquity. I don't know what to say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I took a journey I want to keep coming back to while reading. So much said, and captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the structure and the beautiful choice of words. beautiful poetry.

    ReplyDelete